Saturday, February 15th, 2014
Nocturna, now in its 25th year, is an 18+ dark alternative dance night held once a month (or so) in Chicago. DJ Scary Lady Sarah spins a highly request-driven mix of current & classic goth, industrial, post-punk, deathrock, ethereal, shoegaze, new wave, ebm, darkwave, dark indie & more. Come dance until dawn!
*♥* For this Nocturna, we present our annual "NEW LOVES & BROKEN HEARTS VALENTINE BALL" theme and will feature:
• Live photo booth by GLITTER GUTS (dress to impress!) GlitterGuts Photobooth
• The return of the VALENTINE'S MAILBOX GAME! Send your secret crush a message, anonymous or not (or just mess with your friends!) Free & running all night. ♥
• GIVEAWAYS for this night include:
- Win a goodie bag packed full of alternative & creepy Valentine's themed things from Chicago's alternative store THE ALLEY! https://www.facebook.com/thealleystores
- Ticket give-away to see SKINNY PUPPY live at The Vic!
- CD & t-shirt giveaways for the new album "The World I View" by Life In Sodom https://www.facebook.com/pages/Life-In-Sodom/276231239082713
• VENDORS for this night include:
- DreadedJenocide: The Place for Lovely Spooky Things offering dread falls, pony falls, spooky barrettes, clothing & more!
- NOCTURNA t-shirts (special RED versions this night, too!) & Scary Lady Sarah's own "One Inch Worlds" pin badges and CDs, t-shirts, stickers & buttons from THE BELLWETHER SYNDICATE
• Valentine's, candy & treats for all
• Total broken hearts/new loves decor (wear red & black!)
At Metro, 3730 N. Clark St, Chicago
11pm - 5am / 18+ / $10.
♥ ♪ ♫ ★ ❤ ☆ ♥ ♪ ♫ ★ ❤ ☆ ♥ ♪ ♫ ★ ❤ ☆ ♥ ♪ ♫ ★ ❤ ☆ ☠
Join the NOCTURNA FB group, too: https://www.facebook.com/groups/15090361526
Nocturna is an American Gothic Productions event...
Specialists in Dark Nightlife…
Friday, February 21st, 2014
SKINNY PUPPY at the VIC
WITH SPECIAL GUESTS ARMY OF THE UNIVERSE
Get Tickets Here
The Vic Theatre
3145 N Sheffield Ave
Chicago, Illinois 60657-4416
Friday, February 21st, 2014
WAX TRAX! Showcase / SKINNY PUPPY after-party
WAX TRAX! Showcase / SKINNY PUPPY after-show party
Celebrating music+video from Chicago's legendary Wax Trax! record label + classic releases from Nettwerk, & Mute labels 10pm-2:00am.
DJs Greg Haus & JenaMax.
*** FREE admission if you arrive before midnight with Skinny Puppy ticket stub ***
Followed by "Cosmix"
electronica/indie-alternative dance music til 4am.
$3 Berlin Bombs / $5.50 Sailor Jerry / $5.50 Little Black Dress vodka
21+ w/ID required
954 W Belmont Ave
Chicago, Illinois 60657
Friday-Sunday, April 25th - 27th, 2014
Convergence 20 - First, Last & Always
Bands: Arch Visceral Parlor (Chicago)
EVC - Ending The Vicious Cycle (Dallas/Ft. Worth)
The Gothsicles (Chicago)
The March Violets (Leeds, UK)
Peeling Grey (Los Angeles)
Pretentious, Moi? (London, UK)
Sunshine Blind (San Francisco)
Ticket info is available HERE
The Congress Plaza Hotel & Convention Center
520 S Michigan Ave
Chicago, IL 60605
1375 W Lake St
Chicago, IL 60607